Initial Teacher Training
Waterton Academy Trust is a dynamic group of schools offering an outstanding Initial Teacher Training partnership with Leeds Trinity University.
We aim for very high standards of training enabling future teachers to have an excellent start to their teaching careers. We work hard to create an environment in which staff, pupils and trainee teachers alike feel valued and supported.
Our partnership of ten primary schools comprises a range of settings from small village Infant Schools to through Primary Schools to large three form entry Junior Schools. All of our schools are within the Wakefield District area.
Our schools have an excellent track record working with ITT partners for many years and we are excited to have the chance to channel all of our enthusiasm and experience into your teacher training from September 2018.
Trainees will have the opportunity to work in several of the schools within the cluster, with further academic study at Leeds Trinity Campus. Our schools offer a range of expertise in early years and primary teaching, and along with the staff at Leeds Trinity you will be supported, challenged and inspired by a range of outstanding teachers with a wealth of experience.
Leeds Trinity University also provides additional enhancement experiences and offers support for the trainees once they have taken up their first teaching post.
"We are looking for candidates who will become enthusiastic, outstanding teachers with the ability to
inspire our children with a love of learning."
When you consider starting a teaching career, start with Waterton Academy Trust,
where success is a shared experience.
What can Waterton offer you?
To provide a stimulating and supportive environment in which trainees become enthusiastic, reflective and knowledgeable teachers
To optimise trainees' chances of embarking upon a successful career in education
What we can offer
- Proven track record of bringing teachers into the profession through high quality Initial Teacher Training
- Expertise and enthusiasm across the cluster in the professional development of all education staff
- Opportunities for trainees to learn about and experience the special features of each partner school through School Experience Days
- Benefits of studying with Leeds Trinity University
- Masters level PGCE and Qualified Teacher Status
- Experienced mentors and tutors who will provide personalised support across the placements
- Opportunities to meet and develop as a group of Waterton trainees during both placements
- Support with finding a post either within the partnership or beyond. (Please note that a place with School Direct and Waterton Academy trust does not guarantee an offer of employment)
Schools work with Leeds Trinity in the process of interviewing and selecting candidates but all School Direct candidates must meet our standard entry requirements:
- First degree from a UK Higher Education Institution at 2:2 or above, or equivalent qualification
- A standard equivalent to a grace C in the GCSE examinations in English Language, Mathematics and Science
- Relevant experience in the age phase you intend to teach
- A good understanding of issues in education
- A pass in both the literacy and numeracy skills test
How to apply
For more information contact: